Monday, July 26, 2010

Oh baby I'm sore...but SO networked.

So...it's been a crazy, hectic past few weeks and few days, specifically. Over at LEAP we had our annual dinner and board luncheon which was a great success; I'm an East Coast baby so it's always fascinating to see how well-organized the West Coast APIs are. It's exciting, gratifying, affirming. More importantly, it's pretty awesome to meet high-ranking (read: VISIBLE!) APIs in the corporate world. I think it's forced all of us LIAers to reconsider our life plans -not too difficult considering I haven't decided what I want to be when I grow up yet. From powerful government officials (John Chiang) to powerful corporate women (Susan Jin Davis -who I love and told her as much), it's been such an eye-opening experience. Pretty fantastic.

HOWEVER...I'm pretty sore from all the moving, running around, lifting, etc. Especially since API Equality - LA ALSO had its 5th-year anniversary LUAU this weekend (we won't get into the problematic cultural reappropriation bizniz that a 'luau' and hula dancers represent). I am now exhausted. And hungover. Which explains the somewhat rambling nature of this post.

But all in all, a fun, busy past few days/weeks.

And now, I need an:

No comments:

Post a Comment