Monday, June 28, 2010



So....authentic cow, eh?

I feel the need to first explicate the whole random "why you calling yourself a cow" thing; it certainly wasn't a name I gave myself...I would have picked something a tad more classy like pulchritudinous possum, or gorgeous giraffe. Instead, the two slips of paper I pulled on that fateful afternoon had "authentic" and "cow." Hence, I am now forever assigned to that delicious moniker. Don't hate on my bovine splendor...you know you want it too. After all, happy cows come from california.

--

We finished up our LEAP 2010 Leadership in Action intern a couple of weeks ago...in lovely (also creepy) Lake Arrowhead. After a dizzying few hours of winding around windy roads, we got out of our gas-guzzlers to a gorgeous sight. Beautiful mountains, lots of green, some ducks, and some pizza. It was a great way to meet and greet the rest of the LIA cohort...some really great folks (with cooler animal names, whatever). Overall, it was some great bonding time with the crew -sharing stories, understanding positionalities, being inspired.

After all that, I started my official placement internship with API Equality - LA, an organization dedicated to fighting for marriage equality for Asian Pacific Islanders (and everyone else). Some really neat work...we recently hired a new ED so it'll be great to work with him (Jonipher Kwong) as he comes onboard. Haven't done too much work quite yet, but I'm sure things will pick up (in a big way) as the summer progresses.

KK, that's all for now...tata my lovelies.

Betito

1 comment:

  1. I think you're fantastic, especially because of your authenticity. :D

    ReplyDelete